REGENERATIVE HOSPITALITY SOLUTIONS
Making travel a force for good by creating life-affirming destinations where both people and their environment can thrive.
WHO WE ARE
We are a collective of hospitality practitioners, researchers, architects, scientists, NGOs, and impact investors, dedicated to make travel a force for good by sharing their knowledge, expertise, insights to transform the travel and hospitality economic model into one that is regenerative for all the stakeholders and the Planet.
We act as change agents, facilitators, and connectors to support the transformation of the hospitality industry through research and innovation, consulting services, workshops, and conferences.
OUR VISION & MISSION
“We cannot solve our problems with the same level of MECHANISTIC thinking that created them” – Albert Einstein
We believe in Regeneration as a powerful catalyst for long-lasting positive change, which can realize the potential of the Hospitality and Travel industries, yielding benefits to all their stakeholders. We design innovative models of organizations to make Travel both Regenerative and Purposeful, creating better places to live in and visit.
REGEN fosters collaboration and innovation among multi-stakeholders and develops solutions for rethinking the way we travel and building life-affirming regenerative ecosystems. It offers information, tools, and techniques as well as fascinating examples of regenerative trailblazers. Our movement contributes to representing the expanding global network of leaders dedicated to demonstrating regenerative principles and practices in their lifestyles and communities.
WHAT WE DO
It takes only 10% of a collective to start changing their behavior for the entire system to start shifting.
We want to leverage the power of the collective intelligence to spark off a societal paradigm shift by:
- Raising awareness of the necessity to change the economic and social models of our societies.
- Promoting a new regenerative model as the solution to the major challenges of our time.
- Developing some standards and tools to assess and implement regenerative principles in the travel & hospitality industry.
- Foster collaboration and synergies in a way that results in a win-win-win situation for the entire ecosystem and all its stakeholders.
HOW WE DO IT
“You must be the change you want to see in the world” – Mahatma Gandhi
REGEN Hospitality Solutions is a “Hybrid organization” or “Purpose-driven organization” which business model blurs the boundary between for-profit and nonprofit worlds by adopting social and environmental missions like nonprofits through our “Regenerative Hospitality Movement”, but generating income to accomplish that mission like for-profits through our Consulting Services.
Therefore we put all of our resources at the service of our massive transformative purpose, which is to “Make Travel of force for good” by advancing regenerative development and leadership in the hospitality and travel industries.
WHO WE DO IT FOR
Although we work primarily with hotel owners, developers and operators to support the development and operations of regenerative hotels and resorts, we collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from Destinations, to local communities, to NGOs, to investors. Hence, we account for the interests of each and any stakeholder and the interest of the ecosystem as a whole.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT?
Our societies at large, and the hospitality industry in particular, are facing one of the most significant challenges of our time:
- Damaged ecosystems and endangered wildlife: Overtourism and poor destination management threaten our ecosystems and put pressure on our resources, let alone the problem caused by pollution and waste. Even more alarming are the level and pace of biodiversity loss, which have reached their highest point in history (-60% of the vertebrate population over the last 50 years; scientists call it the 6th mass extinction).
- Loss of local cultures and traditions: along with mass tourism, we assist in the standardization of tourism worldwide. Local communities’ interests are overlooked, heritage landmarks are wrecked, food is becoming international. Travelers miss the authenticity and unique “Sense of the Place” of each location while locals see their cultural identity fade away.
- Stressful lives, sense of disconnection, dehumanized workplaces: our current lifestyles and working environments are not in tune with our true nature, hindering our health and well-being and the way we connect and interact with each other. These issues are even more important in a people business like the hospitality industry, as they weigh heavily on both the employee and guest experience.
The good news is that at that point in our history, we also have the necessary knowledge, tools, and technologies to overcome these pressing issues and start building a new model for our people and environment to flourish and thrive.
Our health and future is intimately linked to the health of our Planet. We cannot be healthy and happy in a sick environment. It is in our enlightened interest to work for our communities, to save our ecosystems, and to heal the planet.
Let’s MAKE TRAVEL A FORCE FOR GOOD together!